Australian digital advertising hits A$11b over 12 months to June 2021 | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Australian digital advertising hits A$11b over 12 months to June 2021
The Australian digital advertising market shook off the pandemic blues to post 24.2% growth – the strongest since 2016 – and record A$11.4bn in online advertising expenditure in the 12 months ending June 30, 2021, according to the IAB Australia Online Advertising Expenditure Report.
Why it matters
The overall advertising market has rebounded and with digital advertising leading the charge and dominating expenditure, retailers will continue to place digital at the heart of their advertising and marketing plans.
- In the 12 months ending June 30, 2021, all sectors of online advertising experienced double-digit growth.
- Video advertising jumped by 38.8% year on year to A$2.4bn, while general display surged by 29.7% to A$4.4bn.
- Search and directories rose by 22.3% to A$5.1bn, and classifieds grew by 17.4% to A$1.9bn.
- Retail was the top advertising category with 16% of all display advertising, up from 11.4% share the previous year.
- Across other categories, FMCG and technology expenditure share grew to 7.2% and 6.4% respectively for the period.
- Not surprisingly, given the pandemic’s impact, automotive and travel advertising expenditure both decreased year on year.
“The growth in digital ad investment over the last year has been extraordinary and it’s clear that marketers are confident using it as a key growth engine for their businesses across the broad range of available formats and environments” – Gai Le Roy, CEO, IAB Australia.
Sourced from IAB Australia
Email this content