A total of 21 case studies for a wide range of markets and product categories have been shortlisted for the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2021, a search for the best strategic marketing thinking that has driven results in the Middle East and North Africa.
The list includes both global brands, such as Burger King, Facebook, Knorr and Mastercard, and local brands, such as Almosafer, An-Nahar, Diari and Lotto Libanais.
The jury panel of 16 industry experts chaired by Peter DeBenedictis, Chief Marketing Officer, Middle East and Africa of Microsoft, have shortlisted the following campaigns:
- Pay Cut Whopper · Burger King · Restaurant Brands International · Wunderman Thompson Dubai
- Noise-o-Meter · Bose · Wunderman Thompson Dubai
- Thank You Russia · LADA · Renault · TBWA\RAAD
- Shift+K+F+C · KFC Arabia · Yum! Brands · TBWA\RAAD
- A Dad's Job · Home Centre · Landmark Group · FP7 McCann Dubai
- Rooftop Farms · Knorr · Unilever · FP7 McCann Cairo
- Astronomical Sales · Mastercard · FP7 McCann Dubai
- The Legacy of Verse · GMC · FP7 McCann Dubai
- Mars Shot · Emirates Nation Brand · Government of the UAE · FP7 McCann Dubai
- A Journey Across Tunisia · Diari · FP7 McCann Tunis, FP7 McCann Dubai
- Stories of Mecca · Almosafer · Seera Group · FP7 McCann Riyadh
- Neb Adventures · AstraZeneca · McCann Health Dubai, FP7 McCann Dubai
- The Man Who Never Got Anything Back · Emirates NBD Saudi Arabia · Emirates NBD · Momentum Riyadh
- Our Heartbeats · Babyshop · Landmark Group · FP7 McCann Dubai
- Pop Up Books · WHSmith · FP7 McCann Dubai
- The New National Anthem Edition · An-Nahar · Impact BBDO, OMD
- Dream Number · Lotto Libanais · LLDJ · Impact BBDO
- The Doppelganger · Burger King · Restaurant Brands International · Wunderman Thompson KSA
- Fuel Their Dreams · Puck · Arla Foods · FP7 McCann Dubai
- Martian Stamp · The UAE Government Media Office · Government of the UAE · TBWA\RAAD
- #LoveLocal · Facebook · Facebook Arabia · TBWA\RAAD
The winners of the Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze accolades as well as five Special Awards recognising work that excelled in key areas - The Long-Term Strategy Award (new), The Pivot to Digital Award (new), The Research Excellence Award, The Brand Rebel Award, The Local Hero Award – will be announced on August 4th.
More information about the shortlisted entries and the Prize is available here.